The History of Coventry Godiva Harriers and Other Clubs in the City over the Last 130 years
May 22nd @7:15pm in Godiva’s clubhouse
A Light Hearted Illustrated Talk
THE EARLY YEARS of “THE HISTORY OF COVENTRY GODIVA HARRIERS and other clubs in the City over the last 130 years”
Information from:- Colin Kirkham
PLEASE LET ME KNOW A.S.A.P. IF YOU WILL BE ATTENDING AS SPACE IS LIMITED
- How did a jersey becomes a woollen cardigan?
- What was the significance of North London Harriers?
- Why were most temporary tracks in Coventry measured at 360 yards?
- Which was Coventry’s first club for Lady athletes?
- Why did the first Godiva secretary resign?
- Why was Godiva founded in 1870 when Godiva was not founded in 1870?
- Which Coventry City Football Club Chairman caused confusion.
- Why was there a near riot by a drunken mob in Warwick Road?
- How did Peeping Tom upstage Lady Godiva.
- Where was Coventry’s first athletic track?
- Why was cycling so important to athletics in Coventry.
- Who was the first Coventry Lady international?
- Who won a piano as first prize in a steeplechase … And how did he get it back to Coventry from Liverpool??
- Why was the 1860 Import Laws so devastating?
- Why was 1903 instrumental in producing two city Olympians
- Handicap racing
- What was the effect of the various Reform Bills on Athletics
- When is a Coventry Olympian not a Coventry Olympian?
- Who always stank of whiskey before races?
- Who conducted community singing from the middle of the railway tracks?
- Name the dog competition!!!
- What devastating effect did unemployment have on Godiva?
- Who was arrested for running along Allesley Old Road .
- Who tried to run a 100 laps when a pupil at Bablake School??
- Where was the oak tree on the inside of the top bend?
- Which International served in the Machine Gun Corps in India?
- Gladstone’s Import Laws.
- Who was Godiva’s first record holder? At what distance’.