We are pleased to inform members that Club Members can resume training from Tuesday 29th March onward, with thanks to Warwick Sport for making this possible.
In line with England Athletics Guidance athletes and parents should still be aware of the following of the following measures to ensure a Covid Secure environment:
- Covid Symptoms Please do not come training!
- Social Distancing Remains in place until further notice. Groups will be allocated zones to train.
- Supervision 1 Parent / Guardian must be present for all young athlete sessions
- Isolation If athletes or households are in isolation, this applies to training too
- Arrival & Departure Should be prompt before and after sessions. Changing rooms
- Drinks & Refreshments Bring your own.
- Clothing Be prepared for all weathers. No indoor space or shelter.
- Face Covering Should be worn at all times, except training. This includes in the toilet.
- Equipment Must be cleaned after use. Coaches will be responsible for accessing equipment store.
Please ensure you check for the latest updates on the EA website: https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-and-running/news/guidance-update-2021/
Updated: 16 March 2021 Track and Field Competition update. Ahead of competition restarting from 29 March, we are pleased to release a draft 2021 Competition Calendar (PDF 30kB) highlighting the major track and field events for the season as well as a few more local meets. In addition, we have also published a revised 2021 Operations Guide for Outdoor Track and Field Competition (PDF 350kB).
Sessions are strictly for Coventry Godiva Harrier members who have renewed their subscriptions for 2021-2022. This is due to track-trace requirements, and being able to access / share contact details. If you are an existing member please check your emails for renewal fees. Membership lists will be checked against registers.
In the first instance club activity will continue the same format as pre-Lockdown, with coaching ratios 1:8 Young Athlete & 1:10 Junior & Senior Groups. This will be reviewed.
- EVENT SPECIFIC GROUPS
- 18:00 to 20:30 Tuesday & Thursday (2 x 1h15 Sessions)
- 10:00 to 13:00 Sunday
Plus the following times shared with the Wheelchair Racing group:
- 18:00 to 20:00 Wednesday
- 14:00 to 16:00 Sunday
- GODIVA KIDS & RUN-JUMP-THROW *From April 6th*
- 17:30+ Tuesday & Thursday
- 09:30+ Sunday
Note: Details will be communicated directly with athletes and coaches in these groups
- ONLINE BOOKING
- Coaches will be responsible for booking sessions in advance, with member (only) names, taking and amending registers.
- Coaches will also be responsible for Covid Measures & Coordination* within their group activity i.e. registers, cleaning, reporting issues
- Athletes should report directly to their personal coach upon arrival, in the allocated training zone.
Note: Self-Coached or Independent athletes should seek options with a similar event group where possible. Or contact Stewart Marshall with the slots you require.
- The clubhouse will reopen at the earliest opportunity, where it is safe to do so.
- Clubhouse toilet will remain available for Club Sessions.
- CASUAL TRAINING
The track is not staffed, therefore casual training is not available at this time. (Both Nuneaton & Leamington offer pay-as-play)
Please note, new parking charges are now in force for evenings and weekend.
Opportunities to compete will resume from April.
- Club fixtures will be published once confirmed
- Open Meetings & Road Races are available to enter
- NEW MEMBERS
New members must join the Club before starting training – please note capacity might be limited in some groups.
- ISSUES OR CONCERNS
Please raise these with your personal coach in the first instance. Otherwise contact Welfare Officers or Warwick Sport.
*Covid Coordination within a training group can also be allocated to a responsible adult (non-training) where appropriate.